After the countless banana smoothie, I started loosing my love for these yellow fellows and that made my heart sad.
I came across this idea of a ‘banana pop’ and just couldn’t see how one could go wrong when adding two of my favorite things in the UNIVERSE, chocolate and peanut butter.
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp organic peanut butter
- 6 blocks of 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 almonds
- Peel and halve bananas.
- Insert Popsicle sticks into each half.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet or plate and freeze for 2 hours.
- Melt peanut butter with 1 tbsp coconut oil in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds until mixed well.
- Pour the mixture over the frozen banana to coat.
- Pop the coated bananas back into freezer.
- Crush almonds – leave aside to be used as a topping after cacao coating.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave. Mix well.
- Pour melted cacao over frozen bananas.
- Immediately sprinkle crushed almond onto chocolate before it sets.
- Chill chocolate-covered bananas for an extra 10 minutes and enjoy!
Store in the freezer up to 1 week