Say goodbye to celebration snacks that bloat you, and please welcome – The Carb Clever Vegan Slider!
Whenever I’ve attended celebrations – I am either met with carrot sticks + dips OR pastries on pastries.
Either way my #SnackQueen self is left unsatisfied or bloated beyond comfort, leaving my confidence and appetite at the door.
Which inspired me to create the perfect festive snack using the new Fry’s Family Rice Protein + Chai nuggets. An all year winner if you ask me!
I used Fry’s Family’s new rice protien + chai nuggets which took a few minutes on a hot pan – cooked in coconut oil.
Sweet potato disks:
2 small sweet potatoes sliced about 1cm each
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 handfuls of mixed greens
2 fresh tomatoes
Hummus of choice
Carb clever mayo + sweet chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees, while the oven heats up start slicing your sweet potatoes. Add sweet potato disks to oven pan, melt coconut oil and pour over – season to preference with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Once the oven is ready, pop tray with disk in for 30-40 minutes. This will differ from oven to oven, but you are aiming for golden brown disks that have been cooked all the way through.
- Once the disks are done, leave them out to cool down (you dont want any ingredient to be hot, this will cause the end result to be soggy)
- While they cool down, pop your nuggets in a pan for 10 -15 minutes – keep flipping them every few minutes to evening cook through.
- Now while your nuggets are cooking start prepping your ‘to-serve’ ingredients as listed above.
- Once everything has cooled down you can started creating little sliders – I enjoyed having the greens at the bottom, protien in the middle and the rest on the top! But really the kitchen is your playground, so get creative!